Our blog

Although both the H-1B and J1 visas have their advantages and disadvantages, one could potentially be better for your specific situation. In terms of applying for an H-1B Visa while still on J1 status, you will be able to change your status as long as you are not subject to a 2 year home residency requirement.

If you have a J1 Visa residency requirement, but would like to apply for another visa and maybe even a green card, you can obtain a J1 waiver. The waiver, in granted, will revoke this two-year residency abroad requirement.

When you get on ICE's radar, it can be hard to know where to start. You want to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. You also want to make sure that your family is safe and protected under the law.

If you are an international student in the United States planning on working in the U.S. after graduation, one likely option for you is a H-1B work visa.

A K-1 visa is commonly known as a fiance visa. It's the status that an American citizen uses to lawfully bring their fiance to the United States. The intent of the visa is that the fiance come to the United States shortly before marriage.

The United States of America is the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is also a land of immigrants. These days however the process for getting into the country has become lengthier and more burdensome. Any immigration lawyer can tell you that for most cases you should count on some lag time before you are admitted into the country. 

When you file an application under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) you must submit both a USCIS Form I-360 and evidence showing that you meet the VAWA eligibility requirements and qualify for relief. The evidence that you provide may include the following: a personal declaration, police clearance records and/or other evidence to show you are a person of "good moral character”, a copy of your passport or birth certificate, proof that the abuser is a U.S. citizen or green card holder, proof that you are the abuser’s spouse, child, or parent, proof that you lived with the abuser, proof that you suffered abuse, and proof that you currently live in the United States.